Grossmont looking for married couples whose love bloomed after meeting on the campus

GROSSMONT COLLEGE (Press Release) –Former students, faculty and staff members who met their spouses at Grossmont College may have a campus treat in store for them just prior to Valentine’s Day 2012, which will come during the college’s celebration of its 50th anniversary.

Couples who respond to college officials will be invited to attend a free pre-Valentine’s Day reception to be held on Friday, Feb. 10, 2012 on the campus. Although it is still a year away, the reception is being planned to feature refreshments and live music, including love songs from the past five decades, according to college officials.

Grossmont President Sunny Cooke said that one of every three adults currently living in East County has enrolled in a class at Grossmont College sometime during their life. “We will be diligent over the next year to identify couples whom we can recognize and honor for finding love at Grossmont College,” she said.

Interested persons are encouraged to contact Grossmont College’s Office of College and Community Relations at (619) 644-7840, or send an e-mail to [email protected].

*
Preceding provided by Grossmont College’s public information office