Sept. 9 olive tree planting will anticipate 10th anniversary of terror attacks on the U.S.

GROSSMONT COLLEGE –To mark the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City, the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. and Flight 93, students at Grossmont College will plant an olive tree of remembrance.The tree planting ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 9 at a lawn area adjacent to building #53.

On Thursday, Sept. 8, the day before the tree planting, between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. students will have the opportunity to write their thoughts and feelings on small cards and then tie the cards with string to the branches of the olive tree, which will be located on that day along a walkway between classroom building #55 and the Learning Resource Technology Center (LTRC) building.

Grossmont College’s 9/11 memorial activities are being planned by the Grossmont College Student Affairs Office and the Associated Students of Grossmont College, Inc.

*
Preceding provided by Grossmont College public information office