Parking Lot 7 hosts a ‘yard sale’

Oct. 29 'yard sale' in Parking Lot 7

Story and Photo by Issac Jeitler

GROSSMONT COLLEGE – Various student clubs worked together Saturday, Oct. 29, to put on a campus “yard sale” sponsored by the Inter-Club Council.

Clubs set up tables lined with merchandise in Parking Lot 7. Books, clothes, appliances, food and other miscellaneous goods were piled about, creating the type of feeling you get when you’re at the swap meet.

Students and staff from such activity groups as Nursing, the Future Broadcasters of America, Acorn Review, Circle K, Student Veteran’s Organization and the Inter-Club Council displayed their goods in orderly fashion while using the event as an opportunity to promote their clubs. Proceeds from the sales support the respective clubs.

Pat Marcus, recently appointed Director of Activities for the ICC, told of her hope for future growth. “We are interested in involving the community,” she said. Around campus some of the more watchful students over the years may have noticed a lack of involvement outside of any given department or club. Marcus said that she, “wants to bring groups of people to work together and reach out to others.”

*
Jeitler, features editor of the GC Summit, may be contacted at [email protected]