Where’s a perfect place for study on campus?

Story by Issac Jeitler, photos by Nikki OgilvieGROSSMONT COLLEGE – Sanctuary around campus is the peaceful serenity one finds between classes in finding a place of zen.

Freeing the mind can be a commodity for those who feel overwhelmed or stressed  between college exams and difficult subjects.  However, some students  have found relaxing, non-traditional locales on campus in which they can calmly collect  themselves and catch up on their studying or much-needed rest.  Areas  around the Griffin Grill are most common being that students can find a bite to eat before heading to their next endeavor.

Students also have found other, more individualized, nooks and crannies to study.  An escape from the daily strain of knowledge consumption may be necessary in the case of the students who prefer to be away from the main buzz of college life.  Students such as Eric Ross find a nice tree to cool off under while reading a book, while Shanna
Henry returns to her vehicle for relaxation and the ability to listen to music.  Koriann Johnson found a staircase on which to study before a sociology class

Every now and then students need their free space along with the need to have peace of mind.  Finding your own nook and cranny around college to study in could alleviate some of the pressures endured through everyday life.  Whether it’s a bench,  your car, in a group of friends or in a secluded location, an area of tranquility may help students get through hard college times by  relaxing, focusing and calming the nerves.*
*
Jeitler is features editor of the GC Summit.  Ogilvie is a Grossmont student of photography