Hyde Art Gallery sponsors ceramics exhibit

GROSSMONT COLLEGE (Press Release)–The Hyde Art Gallery presents Beyond the Limit, a ceramic art exhibition featuring the work of Kelly Berning, Yoonchung Kim & Sasha Reibstein.

The artists’ shared medium of clay is conceptually bound to traditions of vessel-making and containment. Paired alongside these kinds of associations, the included works contribute to the expanding body of contemporary reminders of what has always been true:  Human-made objects and images also have the ability to hold within them the residue of personal and shared histories… and so much more.

Employing vastly different technical and communicative strategies, these artists address the limitations of what human beings (the most complex of all vessels) and ceramic objects are capable of containing; physically, emotionally, through memory, and beyond.

This exhibition runs through April 12. The artists opening event will be on Tuesday, March 13th from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.  The Gallery hours are:  Monday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Gallery is closed Friday to Sunday and legal Holidays.  Admission is free.

*
Preceding provided by the Hyde Art Gallery