Variety and discounts mark ASGC Vendor Fair

Vendors sold from booths set up on the Main Quad

Photos and Story by Scott Walters

GROSSMONT COLLEGE — Free sushi, $1 tacos, bargain goods and music; sounds like the stuff of a fair! In fact it was. Thursday Feb. 23 was the ASGC vendor fair to increase awareness about the Associated Students of Grossmont College, while showing some benefits gained through the $12 ASGC membership.

With the event being DJed by Griffin Radio, the Associated Students of Grossmont College were present and selling fresh $1 carne asada tacos.

Griffin Radio staff emceed the ASGC Vendor Fair

Ed Cruz prepares tacos

Fusion Sushi SEI had the biggest draw with a variety of free sushi to taste.  Located on 8862 Navajo Rd, Fusion sushi offers 10% off with student IDs and 20% off with an ASGC card.

Other venders included Buck Jones who asserted, “When it comes to computers there’s nothing I can not fix.” Jones can be reached at www.buckjones.net. La Dolce Belladonna Salon is offering 20% off with the ASGC membership card for details visit www.LDBsalon.com.

The event had vendors selling everything from jewelry and sunglasses to incense and clothing. Visit the ASGC at www.asgcinc.org or at its office inside the Griffin Center

*
Walters is photo editor of the GC Summit