Planning to graduate? Bring your student ID

-Staff Report-

GROSSMONT COLLEGE –Dean of Students Agustin Albarran has announced procedures for the 51st Annual Grossmont College Commencement Ceremony, which will be held Thursday, May 31

“We have a new Check-In process for Commencement that requires currently enrolled student to come prepared with a valid Grossmont College ID on the day of Commencement,” he said. “Students not enrolled this semester but who are graduating should bring a valid driver’s license.”

Check-in “will take place in the Lower Gym (Building 42 north entrance) beginning at 3:30PM. We will have Admissions and Records staff checking ID’s from a database on laptop computers. Students will then receive a wristband (similar to those issued at sporting/competitive venues) and then proceed into the Lower Gym to prepare.”

Albarran cautioned that “students without a valid Grossmont College Student I.D. (or Driver’s License, per above) will be ineligible to participate in the Graduation Ceremony.   However, he said, student Identification Cards and replacement cards are free and available in the Admissions and Records office located in Building 10.

*
Preceding provided by Dean of Students Albarran