A Dull Moment: Bright colors exit this season for fashion

Billingslea_Dorion

September has passed and October is here, but the season is still fall. More and more patterns, colors and styles are starting to appear as we come closer to winter each month.

Clothing

Stores at the Fashion Valley Mall such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Cotton On are going for the more dull look color-wise, although it’s not just the not just the high-end stores going for this look.Gucci is a main proponent of this look, with colors like burgundy, navy blue and gray in menswear.“Men have more dull colors than women this season, like dark brown and navy blue,” said Suzette Ruiz, a sales associate at the store. Gucci for men also had a professional, suit look showcased in the back of the store.

“Women have more of bright pinks with blacks and whites,” she added, indicating the look of the women’s sectionThe color scheme even extends into accessories.“We have dull-colored purses and accessories to go with the clothing,” said Marcel Vanguard, another Gucci sales associate.

Cotton On has also merchandise in this style, with dull burgundy flannels for men to wear or just simply tie around their waists in San Diego’s bipolar weather.

Shoes

From Jordans to Nikes to Vans, there are shoes in stores or soon to be released that will make your fall fashion look even better. If it’s Vans versus Converse or Jordans versus Nikes, these brands keep coming out with shoes to make it look more unique than their competitors. There are lots of unique colors of shoes that are able work in the fall season, but the highlights this month are red, brown and black shoes. Foot Locker has a lot of fall shoes out already, with these colors from all different brands surrounding the store.

Freaky Fashion

This year’s costume trends follow popular TV and movies.

Students can never be too old to dress up for Halloween, and the holiday is coming very fast. Halloween costumes are rapidly being displayed and sold at stores all over the place. At Party City, the home of Halloween costumes, there is a variety of superhero costumes, including Batman and Catwoman, Black Widow and Captain America.

This year’s top costumes include Maleficent, Anna and Elsa from “Frozen,” Daenerys Targaryen from “Game of Thrones” and Gamora from “Guardians of the Galaxy.” These costumes can be pricey, ranging from $50 to $100.

$0
    $500