Festival Expectations

Festival Expectations

Student Services Available at Grossmont

Students at Grossmont College should be aware of the several facilities that are available to them. From counseling to tutoring, Grossmont College provides several ways  to make your college experience a more accommodating one.

Students who need a little more help with their academics can visit Student Services in building 10. Students receive academic/transfer counseling, career counseling, personal counseling as well as tips on college success strategies. Student Services & Administration building 10 is open Monday through Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Wednesday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Student Services & Administration also houses the Financial Aid center and the transfer center.

Learning and Technology Resource Center (LRTC) Where students can do research Photo by: Eden Latoni
    Learning and Technology Resource Center (LRTC)
    Where students can do research and get assistence 
    Photo by: Eden Latoni

In the center of Grossmont College is the Learning and Technology Resource Center. Inside you will find the library where you can conveniently checkout, renew, hold, and reserve books. The library also provides several magazines, newspapers and textbooks for use inside the library only. The Tech Mall, also located inside the Learning and Technology Resource Center, is a computer lab with around 175 computers for student use. The Tech Mall also has seven scanners, four black and white printers, one color printer, one black and white photocopier, and 12 computers with specialized software and lab aid. The Learning and Technology Resource Center also provides research assistance, interlibrary loans, e-chat cafe, and library instruction and group study rooms. The Learning and Technology Resource Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Tutoring is an academic essential and Grossmont College has several tutoring programs dealing with anything from chemistry to business office technology. Tutoring is on the second floor of the Learning and Technology Resource Center and hours vary based on tutoring (visit www.grossmont.edu/tutoring/default.asp).

$0
    $500