Student Health Services Offered at Grossmont

Located in the Griffin Center, the Student Health Center’s services are supported by the health fee students pay when registering, and are available to each registered student.

The goal of the Student Health Center is to “help students stay healthy” says Diane Woodson, Health Services Supervisor.

The Student Health Center is not a typical school nurse’s office.  It is staffed by two Registered Nurses and an Emergency Medical Technician and the services that they offer often surprise and exceed expectations.  If a student was to feel ill or wish to be seen, they are entitled to a free evaluation by one the RN’s, but the extent of the services offered goes much further.

Information and preventative education may be the prime focus of the Health Center.  With literature on a range of health issues, any question a student may have can be answered with a trip to the Health Center.  For a small fee the Health Center also offers blood draws and certain tests, and immunizations.  They can’t perform physicals or prescribe medications, but if a student’s ailment extends beyond the scope of care they are allowed, the staff can help students with free or low cost referrals.

The Health Center is open from 9am-6pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, 9am-5pm Wednesdays and Thursdays and 9am-1pm on Fridays.  Additional information can be found on their website  www.grossmont.edu/health_services/

$0
    $500