Easy Recipes for College Students

As if being a low-budget college student isn’t enough already, most campus cafeterias serve their food at top dollar prices. Students are most likely sick and tired of ramen, macaroni and cheese, and pb&j’s all semester long, so they need to get creative and try other things, that are still cost effective and also very delicious.

1.) The walking doritos lunch: (not my recipe) Simple to make, portable, cheap, and tasty! All that is required is a small bag of doritos, a pound of cooked ground beef, sour cream, salsa, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, and shredded lettuce. Mix it all together and “WA LA” the walking lunch in a bag is complete. Costing under a couple bucks to make the walking lunch can be a great choice over an expensive school lunch. Why would students pay up to five or six dollars for a taco salad when they can have one on the go? Courtesy of: http://allrecipes.com/

2.) Veggies with hummus dip. Raw vegetables are always cheap to buy at the grocery store, and its even cheaper to make students to make their very own hummus! Ingredients for hummus as follow; 1 can of garbanzo beans/chick peas, 2 cloves of minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and ¼ cup of olive oil. Blend in a blender, and serve with veggie sticks.

3.) Pantry Stir Fry: Easier to make than ever, and so much more beneficial for students health than ramen. Grab any veggies of  choice, spices, sauces, noodles/rice, and a meat, throw it all in a pan and saute! This is a fun and creative dish, that takes less than 10 minutes, and the results are very tasty.

4.) Easy Tuna Casserole: Tired of having boring tuna sandwiches? Tired of having plain mac and cheese every night? Good! Now students can combine the two. Ingredients as follow; 1 can of tuna, 1 box of mac and cheese with all the fixings, 1 bag of frozen peas, ½ cup of shredded cheese ( for a gooey yummy texture) and salt and pepper. The cooking repercussions are simple, make the mac and cheese as it’s normally done, then add all the extra ingredients to make an easy and quick casserole.

5.) On the go Fruit Bowl: Fruits are always yummy, so if a student is in a rush, they can just throw a whole bunch of chopped up fruits in a plastic bag and grab a plastic fork to eat it with later. For example; chopped up strawberries, bananas, raspberries, mangoes, and whole blueberries. Whichever is preferred.

Being on a budget as a college student isn’t’ necessarily a bad thing, just make the right eating habits, and cut out all junk food and fast food altogether. Forget the dollar menu and try out these quick, inexpensive and easy recipes!

$0
    $500