Women’s Volleyball team leads the Pac Coast Athletic Conference

GROSSMONT COLEGE – – The  Women’s Volleyball team is currently in first place in the Pacific Coast Athletic Conference having won 8 games and only losing 1 game in conference play, overall they are 14-5. 

According to Coach Jamie Ivers, they “were tied with San Diego Mesa for first and ended up beating them in 3 straight games Wednesday night to clinch sole control of 1st place in conference. The scores were 25-21, 27-25, and 25-20.” 

With only three games left in the season, the Griffins hope to do well in the regionals to give them the opportunity to compete in the state championship at Chaffey College.

So far this season, Megan McManus and Krystal Robinson were both selected as the Women’s Athlete of the Week.
On the week McManus, a sophomore out of Grossmont High School, was selected, she recorded 60 assists out of 112 total sets in the Griffins’ two matches. She also had seven kills, only two errors and six aces for the week. According to Ivers, McManus, their setter “is currently ranked #9 in the state with 617 assists and is averaging 9.36 assists per game.”
Robinson, a 6-foot sophomore outside hitter from Grossmont High School, had 18 kills, six digs and one ace during the week she was selected as the athlete of the week. “Krystal Robinson is leading the conference and is also ranked #4 in the state for kills with 598 kills on the season averaging 4.79 kills per game” Ivers stated.
“We play Cuyamaca tomorrow (November 5th) and then play Palomar College at home next Friday and finish up conference with Southwestern the following Wednesday at Southwestern.”

*
Wasan is a student in Media Comm 132