Summer to bring construction and upgrades

GROSSMONT COLLEGE–With academic activities sharply curtailed during the summer session, the campus will be busy with construction and repair projects, according to Grossmont vice president Tim Flood.

Aside from a temporary relocation of the Cashier’s Office, the construction is not expected to affect student routines on campus.

Workers will be renovating and repairing rooftops on many Grossmont buildings and making signifiicant upgrades to two large lecture/concert halls.

Room 220 in building 26, the site of many Music Department recitals in addition to classes, will get new seats, an expanded stage area, upgraded lighting, a new foyer, and enhanced multimedia capabilities.

Room 370 in building 31 is receiving a similar makeover. Both rooms will be made compliant with all current ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) regulations governing ease of access.

Because of construction, the Cashier’s Office will be moved from its present location to the north end of Building 22A, where the box office for the Grossmont Theatre Department now is. The relocation will begin in June and last for four to six weeks.

Summertime hours for the Cashier’s Office will be Monday-Thursday from 8 am to 6 pm.

*
Dudley is editor in chief for the GC Summit