Website redesign announced for college district

-Staff Report-

GROSSMONT COLLEGE — Chancellor Cindy L. Miles has announced the launch of a “vibrant new website” for Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District providing ”
a more up-to-date reflection of who we are and all the exciting programs and events going on throughout the District.”  She described the site as a “beautiful student and community-focused website”

The website pages that went live on Friday, Sept. 30, were the District pages under www.gcccd.edu  and the employee-centered Intranet, which now can be found at http://intranet.gcccd.edu. “After we refine these pages, we’ll be focusing our attention on updating the Grossmont and Cuyamaca College web pages with the new design features,” Miles said in a campus communication.

“This website is the result of a long journey that involved extensive research, consultation, and input from a wide variety of groups throughout the District,” she said. “We held user-group forums with students and employees to identify the needed changes. We enlisted the services of Stamats, a web design firm, to come up with a contemporary feel for the pages, and the designs were vetted through our technology teams and at multiple site meetings.

“Putting the design into effect took an incredible amount of work that involved learning a whole new way to manage web content (Cascade CMS). Many people were involved in the process, but in particular, I’d like to thank Katie Butler, Dawn Heuft, Anne Krueger, Frank Moore, Brian Nath, Debbi Smith, and Sheri Willis for their efforts on this project.”

“We’re getting better all the time!” the chancellor said.

*
Preceding based on material provided by the chancellor’s office.