‘Lady Tata’ enjoyable–but profanity overused

Kellen Brauer
    Kellen Brauer

GROSSMONT COLLEGE- The Theatre Arts Department debuted Tata Twins: The Remix on Thursday, Dec. 1, and drew a sell-out crowd for its world premiere of the play.

The play which is based on The Twin Menaechmus by Plautus is about a Midwestern girl named Stefani(Alexa Deen) who discovers she actually has a long lost twin sister who actually turns out to be the world famous singer Lady Tata (Stephanie Johnson). Stefani decides to take her best friend Biffy (Hannah Hedgecock) and go to Los Angeles to find her sister so that they can both know the truth.

Lots of interesting things happen when a twin of Lady Tata arrives in Los Angeles that sends Stefani on twists and turns before she can even find her sister.
    The play was very well cast and the acting was superb. The whole cast was flawless and executed the play with precision.

The play was funny and seemed to put a smile on everyone’s face by the end of the show. There were a few downturns to the play however.

It is stated that the play contains adult language but I felt like they overused the profanity a bit as it seemed to somewhat shock the crowd a bit when they began swearing profusely. There was also a few points where there was so much going on it was a little difficult to keep track.

Besides that, I thought the play was really good and funny and could connect to modern college students. All in all I would give the play 4 out of 5 stars and would encourage students to go see it as it is a really good way to spend a night kicking back watching a good play.
    *
    Brauer is news editor of the GC Summit. He may be contacted at [email protected]