GROSSMONT COLLEGE–a campus evacuation training exercise will be held on campus at 2:30 p.m., Friday, March 9, as part of the continuing efforts to ensure a safe environment for the college community.
The Grossmont College Emergency Operations Center team will conduct this exercise to prepare faculty, staff and students if an evacuation is ever needed. The administration apologizes for any inconvenience this exercise may cause.
Members of the campus community will be provided with directions in notices by email, phone, or verbally of the evacuation.
Tim Flood, vice president for campus facilities, provided the following information:
1) Additional direction will be provided by emergency staff, identifiable by their brightly-colored yellow vests.
2) Evacuees will walk to an off-campus location.
3) Please do not go to your vehicle.
4) Continue your participation until the exercise is completed.
5) Your participation is voluntary; however, we encourage all faculty, staff and students to be involved in this emergency preparedness event.
Preceding provided by Tim Flood