Griffin Radio staff members mingle with San Diego Chargers and their cheerleaders

SAN DIEGO — A team of 13 students from Griffin Radio, Grossmont’s  internet broadcast radio station, had the opportunity to participate in the San Diego Chargers annual blood drive On Tuesday, Nov. 30.

They mingled with many of generous blood donors, representatives from other local media stations, and of course, many of the San Diego Chargers.

Sports Director, Andrew Vasquez, along with his co-host, Chris Norris, of Trash Talk Wednesdays, were able to meet about nine different players and two of the San Diego Charger Cheerleaders. Among the players were Eric Weddle, Jacques Cesiare, Larry English, Luis Castillo, Marcus McNeill, Kris Dielman, Nick Hardwick, Brandon Siler and Steven Gregory.

Arianna Nevins, of the Beautiful People Show and fellow DJ, Stacy Haynes, also had the chance to interview Nick Hardwick and shed a little light on his relationship status for all of the female fans.

It was a great opportunity for Griffin Radio students to share a little information with the public about Grossmont College and the student-run radio station. It also provided students an example of the kind of events they can expect to participate in should they decide to pursue a career in the media industry.

*
Scott is program director of Griffin Radio