Gospel Choir and Master Chorale to perform twice in Black History Month observances

GROSSMONT COLLEGE (Press Release)–The  Grossmont College Gospel Choir and Grossmont College Master Chorale will celebrate Black History Month with two performances of gospel music at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at Grossmont College, Building 26-Room 220, and at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 26, at Faith Chapel Church of God in Christ, 4999 Holly Dr., San Diego. The public is invited to attend. Admission is free at both performances.

Grossmont College faculty member Ken Anderson will conduct the 30-member Grossmont College Gospel Choir and the 50-member Grossmont College Master Chorale. Also performing at both concerts will be the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Choir San Diego and the Lincoln High School Gospel Choir, along with guest soloists, including sopranos Lorie Shields and Dale Flemming, alto Arnessa Rickette and Larry “Preacherman” Johnson as emcee.

Among the songs to be performed: “The Time for Praying,” “Joshua Fit De Battle Of Jericho,” “I’m Gonna Sing When the Spirit Says Sing,” “I Want Jesus to Walk With Me,” “Seek the Lord,” “Standing in the Need of Prayer,” and “It’s a Mighty Good Day.”

For more event information, phone the Grossmont College Music Department at (619) 644-7254.

*
Preceding provided by the public information office of Grossmont College