Action Clubs raises funds for scholarship goal

From left - Charles Simpson, president; Pam Camp, Staff Advisor; member Seena Haeri; Ed Schumacher, Staff Advisor; Ricky German, VP; Jennifer "Fyre" Zeigglar; Steffie Esparza (Photo: Russ Lindquist)

GROSSMONT COLLEGE–The Action Club had a bake-sale on Monday, Feb 28.  The club aims to effect an “ongoing scholarship probably for part-time students,” said president Charles Simpson who believes that there are too few scholarships for part-time students.   The proposed scholarship is still unrealized but the Action Club hopes to afford it as soon as possible.

“The scholarship will probably start as only once-a-year,” said Simpson, “but, when the club can afford it, we would like to do it twice a year” – in both the Fall and Spring.

The scholarship is specifically for those who qualify as ‘disabled’ (presumably in accordance with Disabled Students’ Programs & Services ).  Nevertheless, Simpson clarifies that the Action Club welcomes all students.

Upcoming events for the Action Club include the following:

• MARCH 19: Community Service
    The action club will be cleaning the litter along the path West of the 125 that connects Navajo to Grossmont College.
  • APRIL 28: Walk-Roll-Jog-a-thon (1pm – 3pm, on the Grossmont track)
    Pledge cards will be available for donors.  The proceeds go towards funding the Action Club’s scholarship-goal.

For information on the Action Club – including how to donote to their scholarship goal, the upcoming Community Service, or the Walk-Roll-Jog-a-thon – interested parties can contact Staff Advisor Pam Camp ([email protected] or 619.644.7411).

*

Lindquist is Managing Editor of the GCsummit; contact him at [email protected]