Help

Help

Cyber Scams

Cyber Scams

Debate and Travel

Debate and Travel

San Diego Chargers host blood drive Nov. 22

Barbara Boyd
Barbara Boyd

GROSSMONT COLLEGE— San Diego Chargers are having their annual blood drive. Tuesday, November 22 will mark their 33rd year of supporting the San Diego Blood Bank.

The Charger players will sign autographs and distribute to participants long-sleeve T-shirts from 10 a.m to 4:30 p.m.at the Town and Country Convention Center in the Hotel Circle area OF San Diego. Donors will be awarded the long-sleeve t-shirt and VIP access to the autograph line.

Arianna Nevis is associated with the Future Broadcasters of America Club here at Grossmont College. Club members volunteer at the blood drive each year. On the 22nd the future broadcaster will webcast over Griffin Radio from the Grand Exhibit Hall. The entertainment will end with a Chargers Family Fashion Show at 6 p.m.

Charger cheerleaders will be on hand, as well as a variety of exhibitors includinglocal schools, car dealerships, and eateries. Many will hand out out free promotional items.

Nevis who has attended twice said “It’s totally worth it. If you live in San Diego go, and if you plan on going, go early.” To avoid the long lines, you can always visit the San Diego Blood Drive website www.mysdbb.org to make an appointment.

All donors are required to have a photo identification. Without one you will not qualify to become a donor. If you are bringing someone who is under 18, he or she must have a photo identification and a document with date of birth.

There will be a $5 entry fee.  However, after donors have donated their blood they will receive a refund or they can choose to donate that amount for a new bloodmobile.

For anymore information on the blood drive or any San Diego Blood Bank please contact the Blood Bank at its website www.mysdbb.org or call 800-4my-sdbb (800-469-7322)

*
Boyd is a student in Media Communication 132. She may be contacted at [email protected]