Mental Health Awareness Month At Grossmont

Here’s how Grossmont is honoring Mental Health Awareness Month.

In honor of Mental Health Awareness month, Grossmont College is hosting multiple Zoom events through May in which students, faculty and staff are invited to join.

“Join the Grossmont College Student Health & Wellness Center throughout the month. We’re here for you,” said the Health & Wellness Center in a recent Instagram post. 

The events start off on May 7 with a “Feel Good Friday” hosted by Molly McGraw. This event will entail an hour of relaxation, meditation and chair yoga. 

On May 10, Mental Health Counselor Ji Eun Ko will be facilitating a wellness workshop. Here, participants will have the opportunity to explore different elements of mental wellbeing and learn how to incorporate them into their everyday lives. 

The next event, on May 13, is a “Reflection Circle” with Mental Health Counselors Myles Childs and Toni Martinez on the role of toxic masculinity in one’s mental health. Martinez will also be hosting a self-care workshop about remote work-life balance May 21. For the final event on May 27, both Childs and Martinez will be holding another “Reflection Circle,” with the topic of seeking support for your own mental health and how to offer it to a friend.

The Zoom IDs for each event can be found on this Instagram post from the Health & Wellness Center. 

This month is not the only month that mental health matters. Grossmont offers virtual mental health counseling for all students year-round. Students are able make an appointment here.