Everything Happening During API Month at Grossmont College

Attend these API events at Grossmont College.

Jacqueline Colombo, Senior Staff Writer

May is Asian Pacific Islander (API) month. The API committee of Grossmont College is celebrating by sponsoring events on campus and through Zoom throughout the month. Make sure to RSVP and come join the fun at these events.

May 4 – Squid Games: Let the Games Begin.  “Squid Games” is based on a popular TV series and a children’s game in South Korea. Come on down to the main quad and participate in a game of red light, green light, and more from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The winner will receive a prize. RSVP prior

May 10 – Mental Health Awareness. This online event will be presented by Dr. Kevin Tajii from 11 a.m. to noon. RSVP prior to get Zoom link. 

May 10 – Celebrating Global Superstars: BTS. Come celebrate one of the biggest music groups around the world, located at the Griffin Gate from 12:30 to 2 p.m. RSVP prior and bring/wear any BTS attire/lightsticks you own. Masks are required when not eating or drinking. Can’t make it to campus? Join the event via Zoom

May 12 – “The Farewell”: A Tale of Love and Loss Across Cultures. Movie night! Come dressed in your pajamas and enjoy some popcorn and mochi. Water will also be available at the event. Located at Griffin Gate from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP prior here.

May 17 – A Day in the Life. If you are a business major or interested in majoring in business, you will not want to miss out on this. Spend the day with Joseph J. Carqualaf, a Guam native who now works in financial institutions in California,  from noon. to 1:00 p.m. via Zoom. The meeting link will be shared following RSVP.

May 18 – Asian and Pacific Islander Pa’ina. Make your way to the main quad from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and enjoy a hula dancing performance by Melinda Tuminting, lei making, a ukulele performance by Anthony Stanley followed by lessons, a spam musubi workshop and some lunch served with Hawaiian food. RSVP here.

For more information or to RSVP to any of these events, click here