Grossmont debate team tunes up for Griffin Tournament

Grossmont Debate Team at Pasadena City College tournament (from left) Russell Lindqusit, Jesse Gault, Maria Torres, Courtney Gerlach, Jonathan Smith, Jonathan Parker, Ali Aldhalimi, Diana Trinidad (not shown)

PASADENA CITY COLLEGE (Press Release)—The Speech and Debate team of Grossmont College traveled to Pasadena City College (PCC) for a Speech and Debate tournament, on Oct. 16 and 17.

Once the dust settled, teammates Ali Aldhalimi and Russ Lindquist won the bronze in novice Parliamentary Debate.  Additionally, Aldhalimi and Lindquist won awards for ‘overall speaker’ in the same event – 6th and 5th place, respectively.  And Lindquist ‘broke’ into the final rounds for novice impromptu speaking.
The other Grossmont Speech and Debate team-members who competed were Courtney Gerlach, Jesse Gault, Jonathan Parker, Jonathan Smith, Maria Torres, Diana Trinidad.

Though only Aldhalimi and Lindquist ‘broke’ into final rounds in events, the entire team is now fired-up and intending to do their respective bests at the upcoming Griffin Tournament, here at Grossmont, Nov. 27 and 28, according to Speech Prof. Roxanne Tuscany.

*
Preceding provided by the Grossmont Debate Team