Colleges seeking transfer students pitch their programs

Jessyka Holguin
Jessyka Holguin

GROSSMONT COLLEGE –Transfer day was conducted on the quad on Wednesday, Oct. 5. It was a cold crisp day but that didn’t stop several representatives of colleges from throughout the nation setting up information booths on their programs and how to transfer.

I had the opportunity to discuss the requirements for getting into Cal State University at Northridge as well to learn aboutthe top programs the school offers. In the representative’s opinion, some of the top programs are accountancy, business, cinema and television Arts, and kinesiology.

Additionally it boasts a journalism program with spaces to enroll that has the benefit of being to the major news town that is Los Angeles.

I also spoke with a representative of San Diego State University, who said that no matter your major the most important thing is to make sure you have enough units and know exactly what you want to accomplish. If you know that you are interested in biology the University of California at Santa Barbara is a school that is known for its great program. It also has a pioneering environmental science department.

When I asked the question: “What is your top program in your school?” several representatives said that business was their top program of choice for students. However, the University of San Diego has one of the best business schools. Bloomberg ranked USD’s undergraduate school #36 in the nation, and #3 in California. Another school with a great business program is the University of Arizona , which is also known for their engineering program.

*
Holguin is a student in Media Comm 132. She may be contacted at [email protected]