Apple Computer founder Jobs benefitted humanity

Dylan Burke
Dylan Burke

GROSSMONT COLLEGE — Steve Jobs, 56, died Wednesday Oct. 5,  but anyone reading this on a campus computer or anywhere else in the world knows his legacy lives on.

The world will never forget about that man that made so much possible and truly making things much more convenient.   We live in a world that has an overwhelming amount of technology in use around our schools, our streets, and our homes such as iPods, iPhones, Apples Computer and Macintosh and much more all creations of Jobs.

Grossmont College and other schools have been greatly impacted by the use of the PC.   According to the Chairman of Media Communications here at Grossmont, Michael Grant, Apple Computers are better than most computers because they’re good with graphic design.

Jobs’ passing was a topic of conversation on campus. Michelle Jones has had an IPHONE for as long as she can remember.  Jones said,  “I am bummed out he is gone, but as you can see we will continue to live in his legacy.”   Jones went on to say she is not a fan of Windows and really only likes to use Apple.

Another Grossmont student, Fernando Rico. remarked that  he had previously owned four iPods, and had given two of them as presents —  an example of why Jobs creations will go on for generation through generation.

According to Apple Inc. over 314 million people own or have owned an Ipod since 2002.

Meanwhile, the approaching at Grossmont College will focus on career opportunities.  Organizer Nancy Davis quoted Jobs’ advice, “Follow your heart.”

Davis also said that without computers we probably wouldn’t have all the opportunities we have now.

Jobs’ advice for people seeking careers was as follows:

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”,

The man to whom the world owes much also said:   ”Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.”

*
Burke is a student in Media Comm 132.  He may be contacted at [email protected]