Both genders will laugh during ‘Think Like A Man’

SAN DIEGO –Think Like a Man is one of the funniest movies I have seen in quite a while. Every scene had a comedic moment that made the whole audience laugh.

Directed by Tim Story, the movie is about the love lives of five guys:  Dominic (Michael Ealy), Jeremy (Jerry Ferrara), Cedric (Kevin Hart), Michael (Terrence J.), Zeke (Romany Malco), and Bennett (Gary Owen), and five girls Mya (Meagan Good), Candace (Regina Hall), Lauren (Taranji P. Henson), Kristen (Gabrielle Union) and Gail (Wendy Williams).

All of the characters (besides Bennett who is already married) has a major love problem.  One guy, for example, can’t have a sustained relationship with a girl because of his mom. One woman can’t find a guy because she’s a single mom.

The highlight of Think Like a Man was Kevin Hart’s role as Cedric, an odd-ball, short-tempered, short-statured male, married to Gail, who is incredibly big.  She is the dominant one in their relationship.  Cedric becomes tired of being pushed around and decides to divorce. Without Gail he turns to strippers and to random women. The way he tried to approach them was funny and his attempt to make himself feel better was hilarious!

Think Like a Man had many humorous moments, some coming from the unexpected things some of the extras would say.

Overall,  Think Like a Man was a wonderful movie; it was worth the money I paid to watch it in the theatre and I would not mind watching it again.

*
Asuncion is arts editor of the GC Summit.  He may be contacted at [email protected]