Worldwide photography pro comes to San Diego area

Nikon brings globally acknowledged photographer Vincent Versace to San Diego City College to showcase his journey as a digital artist.

The event, hosted by the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) San Diego in conjunction with Nikon, will take place at San Diego City College’s Career Technology Center auditorium on Wednesday April 23d at 7 p.m.  Students and attendees will have the chance to hear from one of Nikon’s founding ambassadors Vincent Versace as he demonstrates his techniques as a creator of award-winning images.

Versace has been awarded the Computerworld Smithsonian Award in Media Arts & Entertainment and the Shellenberg fine art awards along with others.  The National Association of Photoshop Professionals created a significant award under his name, the Vincent Versace Award for Digital Photography Excellence. According to his bio page on Nikonusa.com, his work has been highlighted in American PhotoPopular PhotographyThe New York Times, ShutterbugOutdoor PhotographerPro Digital ImagingPDNWhat Digital CameraPetersen’s PhotographicPC CameraStudio Design and PhotographyProfessional PhotographerDigital Imaging and more.

A photo from Vicent Versaces Online Portfolio Courtesy of; flickr.com/photos/vincentversace/4509575857/
    A photo from Vicent Versaces Online Portfolio
    Courtesy of; flickr.com/photos/vincentversace/4509575857/

His presentation is sure to inform potential photographers and trigger tactic ideas for anyone interested in enhancing their photography.  “This will show the possibilities, challenge creativity, and hopefully create an understanding of the importance of copyright”, stated ASMP photographer Joel Zwink as the mission of the presentation.

“Versace’s proficiency in the field of photography is based around rigorous testing and a passion for his craft, so there is much to be learned, and Vincent loves to educate,” said ASMP photographer Matthew Janecek, “the event is definitely a must for anyone interested in the field of photography”.

Aspiring and professional photographers may take part in other events in San Diego hosted by ASMP San Diego; more event info can be found on asmpsd.org.

$0
    $500