Haps on Caps

Grossmont’s Campus and Parking Services team, also known as CAPS, is dedicated to ensuring safety among all students and faculty at the college. These events on campus were among those noted on the crime log* for the month of January.

ILLUSTRATION BY CHLOIE CULL

Donovan Holland, Senior Writer

Hit-and-Run: One vehicular hit-and-run was reported by Grossmont deputies.

Cruelty to Animals: Two separate cruelty to-animals radio calls were responded to at Grossmont. One was at the one-hour
parking next to Building 10 and the other at parking Lot 1. Both calls involved a dog that was left unattended inside of a parked vehicle with the windows partially down and no visible signs of distress.

Disturbances: Deputies responded to two separate complaints of a disturbance in the library. A deputy also investigated
a psychiatric subject at Building 60. The subject was transported to a local hospital to seek treatment.

Stalking: A deputy investigated a report of stalking. The investigation is ongoing.

Trespassing: Deputies investigated possible trespassing and driving under the influence in parking Lot 7. The DUI was unfounded and the subject was warned about being on campus when closed. Deputies also investigated a trespassing incident on campus near the theater, but the area was checked and a subject was not located. Finally, deputies investigated a trespassing incident at the construction site near the west end of campus.

Suspicious Persons: Deputies investigated two calls regarding suspicious people on campus. The subjects in question ended up being campus staff.

Threats: A deputy investigated a report of an assault to commit rape, which occurred some time last year. The investigation is ongoing.

* The Clery Act is a federal statute requiring colleges participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. A daily crime log is posted every Friday to Grossmont’s website, allowing the public to view the most recent information.