Festival Expectations

Festival Expectations

Grossmont’s Newest Food Additions

If you wondered where the food options were in Grossmont, look no further.
Alana Mullaly

Grossmont College recently unveiled its latest culinary enhancements on campus, introducing a student food cart and the long-awaited reopening of the Griffin Grill.

Dr. Vanessa Fountain, the dean of Arts, Languages and Communication revealed to Grossmont’s student body and faculty the imminent debut of a new food cart within the Performing & Visual Arts Center (PVAC). 

The GCCCD Foundation, dedicated to student success by advocating for financial aid, generously provided the grant that facilitated the food cart’s establishment.

Primarily aimed at offering students comfort during their academic day, the PVAC food cart stands adjacent to room 22-201, boasting an array of food options to satiate midday hunger and sustain energy levels. 

Despite its location within the performing arts, the cart extends its services to all Grossmont College students.

However, it’s essential for students to note that to measure the cart’s effectiveness, they are required to jot down their student ID and the date of cart amenity usage. Rest assured, this data is solely utilized to evaluate the cart’s efficacy and is handled with confidentiality.

In her announcement email, Fountain also said a second cart filled with hygiene products will be available. However, the location is unknown at this time. 

In addition to the food cart, the Griffin Grill, a much-anticipated food resource, has reopened its doors after an extended hiatus.

In collaboration with Genuine Foods, a full-fledged cafeteria opened on Nov. 28. The food options range from hot and cold items such as salads, sandwiches and burgers. 

Budget-friendly items, such as oats parfait, fresh fruit cups, pizza slices, soup, fries and more are available for under $5. 

Jeff Mills, CEO and founder of Genuine Foods, conveyed a public statement emphasizing their mission. “Our purpose is to improve the lives and livelihoods of people and communities so that even their most vulnerable members can flourish,” he said.

The current hours for Griffin Grill are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., but are subject to change. 

Grossmont College anticipates these new culinary additions will significantly benefit students and lay the groundwork for future successes.