Grossmont Story

Grossmont College’s Vice President of Student Services, Marsha Gable, has been appointed as the interim president following the current president, Dr. Nabil Abu-Ghazaleh’s retirement announcement. Abu-Ghazaleh officially announced his retirement in September, stating he wants to “spend more quality time with my wife.”     

Gable’s term as interim president is slated to begin on Jan. 1, 2021. With Gable having provided almost 25 years of service in higher education, Chancellor Lynn Neault referred to her as a “natural choice for interim president” in a press release. 

“She has demonstrated that she has the skills and the talent to guide the college through this leadership transition,” Neault said.

“I very much look forward to my interim leadership role at Grossmont College and engaging with an excellent community of students, staff, faculty, and administrators.

— Marsha Gable, Vice President of Student Services

Since 2015, Gable has served as Grossmont’s Vice President of Student Services overseeing fiscal planning, administrative duties, and more recently, led the transition of student services to a remote format in the wake of the pandemic.  

“I very much look forward to my interim leadership role at Grossmont College and engaging with an excellent community of students, staff, faculty, and administrators,” Gable said. 

She is passionate about social justice and displays that as an active member on Twitter, sharing informative posts and commenting on the crucial topic. 

That passion translates to her work, being involved heavily in Grossmont’s Via Rápida First-Year Experience Program. Via Rapida aims to provide underprivileged students with the resources they need to have a successful freshman year at Grossmont.  

The school hopes to appoint a permanent President by June of 2021.