Festival Expectations

Festival Expectations

Winter-Time Concerts

The bell of the Music Chords brought to you by Grossmont College.
Winter-Time+Concerts
Mohamed Hassan

Our expectations of “winter” can vary. It could be watching a Christmas movie with hot chocolate in hand or renting a cabin in the woods with an indoor fire pit. And music lovers can enjoy a live musical concert. 

Musical performances held at Grossmont College are just what the audience is looking for: Inspiring, unique and professional. 

Back-to-back concerts, from a full orchestra to a jazz performance, can fill up the calendar of anyone interested. Grossmont has numerous talented musicians who deliver memorable holiday shows. 

Anthony Cuietta, the Music Department’s chief technician, said December would hold plenty of events.

After attending two Grossmont concerts this semester, I encourage everyone to partake in this experience by attending one or more concerts. There’s nothing like coming together to support the musicians and the appreciation of the arts. 

Fortunately, the department’s website offers in-depth details on upcoming concerts, which are held in the Performing and Visual Arts Center (Building 22). 

After starting out the month with the Grossmont Symphony Orchestra & Master Chorale performing “Gossec Premiere Suite de Noëls Rutter Magnificat” on Dec. 1, the group is back with “San Diego Ballet in Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker: Redux” on Dec. 13 and 14 at 7:30 p.m. General admission costs $45 ($35 for seniors and military), but student tickets cost $5. 

The Grossmont Jazz Ensemble and Grossmont String Ensemble are also getting into the holiday spirit with a performance of “Duke Ellington’s Nutcracker Suite.” Dec. 19 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $5 for students, $10 for seniors and the military, and $15 for general admission. 

There’s still time to get in the spirit with Grossmont’s winter concerts.