Not Alone: “Together against sexual assault”

Recently due to the outbreak of increasing sexual assaults happening on college campuses across the country, the White House has stepped in to help victims while also in hope to prevent future assaults. On April 29th one of the White House Task Forces helped launched a new website called “Not Alone” presents many resources available to help victims including, assault hotlines, how to properly file a complaint, finding crisis services located near you and reports so victims know their legal rights. Grossmont Student Affairs Dean Victoria Miller said, “Providing sexual assault and prevention resources is crucial to our campus community. There is support, resources and assistance for students that have experienced sexual assault.” If students have any questions they are always welcome to visit Student Health Services or the Office of Student Affairs on campus both in building #60.

Screenshot of the website Not Alone. Courtesy of; www.notalone.gov
    Screenshot of the website Not Alone.
    Courtesy of; www.notalone.gov

“Not Alone” coaxes victims to stand up for themselves and speak out to help others. Not only does the website give helpful resources but it also has the actual 20 page long report put together by the White House. When launching the website, President Obama said, “Perhaps most important, we need to keep saying to anyone out there who has ever been assaulted: you are not alone. We have your back. I’ve got your back.”  Here is the overall message of the website, and the actions from the report that they are going to pursue; 1. Identify the scope of the problem on college campuses. 2. Help prevent campus sexual assault. 3. Help schools respond effectively when a student is assaulted; and 4. Improve, and make more transparent, the federal government’s enforcement efforts. Students can access the website at https://www.notalone.gov/

$0
    $500