Festival Expectations

Festival Expectations

Spring Break 2015 fo evaaaa: Fun ideas for stuff to do during spring break.

Spring break for students is just around the corner, there is so much to do this year whether it’s locally, around the county or out of bounds. Here are some fun ideas to try this spring break.

Locally:

• Take a trip to the beach. Pack a lunch, sunscreen and all your friends in your car and head down to the beach for a picnic. Living in San Diego is a blessing because most of us can get to the beach in 10 minutes or less. Fun, easy and most of all FREE!
    • Go to the lake. Lake Murray in La Mesa is a beautiful lake and an awesome place to take a jog, workout or goof around. You can even rent a paddle boat or a two person bike for about 20-30 bucks, but it’s so worth it and fun.
    • Take a hike. Cowles Mountain also located in La Mesa, is a nice local mountain and is about 4 miles up and down round trip. Never too late to start working on your summer body.
    • Meet with friends at coffee shop. Coffee shops are cool environments to hangout and the best place to get jacked up on caffeine. Also a select few have Open Mic Nights so grab your group of friends and throw something together or go watch. There’s Cosmos Coffee shop in La Mesa that has great iced coffee and a patio, or another favorite Lestat’s by Hillcrest that’s open 24/7 or even Starbucks.
    • Be a tourist for a day. Go to the many main tourist spots of our beautiful city. Mission Bay to ride bikes, jet ski, or kayak. Seaport Village to walk through the shops and grab some Ben N Jerry’s. Maybe Balboa Park to see the many museums and watch the live concerts held at the Organ Pavillion. Old Town to grab some yummy authentic mexican food, and take a stroll through the haunted Whaley House. Many options to explore and see San Diego for all its beautiful worth.

Non-Local:

• Get Magical. Get your group of friends and go to Disneyland and California Adventure for the day. You get to meet your favorite Disney characters, while getting to ride fun rides, or see amazing one of kind parades and shows. Right now is Frozen Fun at the Disneyland Resort where you can meet the stars of Frozen, and also experience a night time family friendly club called Freeze The Night, with special drinks for those of age. Grab your Selfie Sticks and get going.
    • Festie Season. With festivals from California, to Florida the kickoff of the festival season is this Spring Break. Take your pick as you might want to attend and see some of your favorite artists, and its a good bonding opportunity with your friends to road trip it and hit the road, don’t forget the camping gear, festival season is famous for outside camping.
    • City of Angels. Always wonder what its like to be a celebrity, well its only a short 2 and a half hours away to experience the lavish life style. Venture off into beverly hills and show the high class stores, or walk Santa Monica Park at catch a few rides over the ocean, Hike up to the top of LA and see the beautiful city from above. Many fun adventures to be had there.
    • Bundle Up. Take a trip to the beautiful mountains and see the little historic town of Julian. Not only is this town famous for its delicious and scrumptious  pie, and hot apple cider. But also the small stores and restaurants owned by local homeowners that have a warm homey feeling that you just can’t resist. You will definitely leave with a full belly and cute knick knacks, if you are lucky you might get a peek at snow that sometimes covers Julian.

Have a great spring break Griffins! Stay Safe!

$0
    $500