Counseling Appointments Become More Available

Marc Cordero, Staff Writer

For those who need any counseling, you’re in luck, as Grossmont has shifted its counseling services to offer more appointment availability.

Students are welcome to schedule appointments either online or on-campus through the counseling page on the Grossmont College website.

Setting up an appointment is simple: Just go to the counseling page, sign in with your student ID and birth date, and select a time with whichever counselor you choose. 

Whether students need academic, transfer or personal counseling, Grossmont will have more appointments ready for their students. 

It may still be tricky to book an appointment when registration for the next semester opens up, as many students would want to speak with a counselor. Slots also fill up when transfer acceptances and applications come in. For these types of counseling appointments, it would be wise to schedule a meeting as soon as possible. 

Virtual appointments will be through Zoom calls. In-person appointments will take place at the library upstairs. 

Grossmont also offers on-campus drop-in counseling meetings at the Counseling Center Monday through Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Friday, 9 a.m. to noon. These meetings will be 10 to 15 minutes long for quick help with academic renewal petitions, assessment placement results, ESL education plans and more.

Students will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and wear a face-covering during in-person meetings. 

This article originally appeared in the March 2022 print issue of The Summit.