Food venues plentiful on campus

Snack venues on campus

Story and photos by Issac Jeitler

GROSSMONT COLLEGE – The campus harbors multiple types of snack fulfilling establishments and they’re not just self-serving vending machines.

The school bookstore, the Griffin Market and the Griffin Grill are better-known areas that students frequent to fill up their ever-consuming energy tanks. Less known are Cafe 200 nestled within the Arts department complex and a tent alongside the gymnasium where Starbucks brand coffee is sold.

For those of you who may not be interested in the candy and soda pop vending machines, the Griffin Grill offers daily deals to students who may be on a budget or simply enjoy a good bargain. Fresh, hot, mouth-watering food can be hard to come by on campus, but the Grill is open on a daily basis and the food quality has been deemed highly acceptable in an informal survey of those using its outdoor patio eating area.

Strategically placed vending machines are found just about in every nook around campus, so you won’t have to look too far if you’re ever in need of “a quick bite to eat.” Dev Watson enjoys the simplicity of being able to find a snack on campus when one is needed and without the hassle of having to search around or wait in a ridiculously long line.

Regardless of what your preferred choice of meal may be, there is an abundance of available places for students and faculty to find something to eat on campus.

*
Jeitler is features editor of GC Summit. He may be contacted at [email protected]