Festival Expectations

Festival Expectations

Cardiovascular and Respiratory meetings

With an underlying amount of opportunities, you can look into other aspects of the health field.
Photo by cottonbro studio

If you are interested in the medical or healthcare field, Grossmont is coming out with unique events in regards to those interested.

After taking a tour around the health department with the Respiratory Therapy Program Director, Carey Flores, I was able to view multiple viewpoints: advanced involvement, simulation manikins and students being hands-on. Their immersive teachings showcase the in-depth experiences the students are being taught for their future careers.

A well-focused environment leads to profound leadership with areas to grow from with good help and guidance. The Grossmont Healthcare Department is holding free respiratory and cardiovascular preview informational meetings for students interested in applying or to learn more about the program. 

The event will help all health profession students with questions about Cardiovascular Technology (CVT). The preview program meeting will be held on April 5 and May 3 in the Health and Sciences Complex (34-210). Both meetings will begin at 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. 

“Sign up in advance, some need reservations,” said Flores. To reserve a placement, email [email protected] or call (619) 644-7550. 

The Respiratory Therapy Program preview meeting will be held on April 8 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (34-211). To attend you need to contact Health Profession Specialist, Daria Ryther at [email protected] to reserve a seat.

Reyna Perez, an interested individual, is expanding her wonders on Nursing Careers through Grossmont College. “I am very interested in what Grossmont has to offer for me,” she said. 

More information about the programs can be found on the homepage of the Grossmont College website: click on academics, then click on Allied Health and Nursing (AHN), and will direct you to the two choices to pick from many other health opportunities.